Monday, April 1, 2024

3/18/2024

WOW WHAT A WEEK
It has been crazy but it was fun!
 
Monday
Well on this day I reached 6 MONTHS!!!!!!! It is crazy that time has flown by so much. It really does feel like yesterday that I was in Utah at the MTC. Elder Belnap got Settlers of Catan so we played that. If you haven’t played it before I recommend it. I want the version called Zarahemla of course because it's Book of Mormon themed. We also went to a deli place. They had root beer and soft serve ice cream so of course I made myself a root beer float. After our P-Day time we went to the Bucios to help them move stuff as they are almost ready to move! Elder Child almost died but it was all a fun time.

Tuesday
This was a long day.
We started off going down to Michales and teaching him and visited our other friend Dalores. Then we started our main time of going out and doing contacts. It wasn’t very successful. We got a referral for a guy named Alexander. His address led us to a senior living facility. We gave him a call and he picked up! He was driving but gave us the room number and we said we would stop back in an hour or so. Once we got back we kinda just walked in past the front desk and went up the elevator. We eventually found the door and knocked on it. It wasn’t Alexander but instead his mom. We talked to her and told her who we were and why we were there, then we heard someone walking down the hall. The front desk lady starts yelling at us that we can’t be here and that soliciting was not allowed. We just told her that we weren’t soliciting, we were just visiting our friend here. She asked Alexander's mom if she knew us and she said YES. We got off the hook. She was super nice and we got her info. Then we had a zoom meeting with our friend Clinton. He could be ready for Baptism soon. We had dinner at Lorenzos. After dinner when we were riding back to our apartment I got a call from the other Elders. While I was on this call I felt like I needed to downshift a gear so I tried doing that and the whole front tire turned and I went over the front of the bike. Yep, I CRASHED!!! I just got some scrapes on my right arm and my left arm just had some pain. That was my Tuesday. 

Wednesday
We just kinda relaxed in the morning. I talked to the mission nurse and she just told me to go to an urgent care and get an X-Ray on my arm because there was still pain. Before I could go to that we had our final District Council for the Transfer! Things were very quiet. Once we got my X-Ray we found out I fractured my Radial Head bone in the forearm. They gave me a sling and said no more biking for the next 4-6 weeks. Well this is going to be fun. In the evening we went to a building in the Med Center to give a blessing. It was for Christopher Saldaña. Does that name sound familiar? It’s because he was the first person Elder Stober and I put on date in Jones Creek once I got here. He is doing great. The Sister missionaries have reached back out to him and have started teaching him again! It was a good time seeing him again.

Thursday
It is Pi Day and that also means it is my good pals birthday! Happy Birthday Joey!!! We had a mission zoom and then a multi-mission doctor called me to give me some directions. The day wasn’t a bum day because of my arm. We still got out and did some work with the power of the CAR! I got an appointment setup to meet with a doctor to decide if I should get an MRI on my arm. I personally think it will heal on its own. As of the time of writing this Email it has healed a decent amount already. Anyway in the evening the Sisters friend Priscilla who just got Baptized hosted a celebration dinner and invited Elder Lund and I because he did the Baptismal interview. It was some good BBQ. After that it was time for bed. 

Friday
The car really changes the area! We had some solid contacts. We had a lesson with our friend Michael and in the middle of the lesson there was a lightning strike and some massive thunder. Once we were done and went outside it was pouring rain so we were happy to have the car. While we were trying to drive to our next appointment the rain came down even harder. Then it started to hail. It was coming down so hard we couldn’t see right in front of the car so we had to pull to the side and wait. The hail was also probably an inch in diameter. The bayou was so full and we had to go pick-up the other Elders who were soaked. We quickly went back to the apartment then went to our ward mission leaders apartment downtown to have dinner as a district. It was mainly to give him info on how to deal with missionaries because he has been called to be a mission president. After we went to the rooftop patio of the apartment building to look around, it was super cool to see the city from that perspective. I could see for miles. By that point there was no rain and the sun was starting to shine.

Saturday
We just tried to get some contacts done but many of them didn’t answer. We had 4 lessons in the evening which were great. We called/texted all of our friends. It probably took almost an hour combined to do all the calls and texts! The only test then was to see if the people would come to church.

Sunday
Well after our many many times of reaching out to friends and getting verbal commitments to church we had 2 come to church. But that is still amazing. We also had 6 of our recent converts come so that was really awesome! After church we just organized the apartment a bit before going out. None of our in person contacts answered the door which was sad and unfortunate. It started to downpour again though. So again the car was a blessing to have during that time. It didn’t get to the point though that we couldn’t see, it was just to the point where we would get soaked trying to get into the car. 

That is the week. It was eventful but also not. The arm getting hurt definitely changed things around and could for sure change transfer news. I might get transferred to a car area so please, make some transfer predictions! Also remember to not die because it is bad for your health.
 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...