Monday, April 1, 2024

3/11/2024

Bruh, who is in charge of the weather here?
It got hot then rained and got cold and now its getting hot again.

Monday
We quickly got up this morning and went to H-E-B to get some water bottles for a member who doesn’t have a car. Then he made us breakfast so it was a win win. For lunch the district went to Raising Canes which was fun. It was Elder Child's first time going to Canes which was crazy! After we went to the goodwill right next to it to see what we could find. I found an Africa backpack which is cool and a fish tie. After thrifting we went to MacGregor park to just throw a football around. We found a kickball so we started kicking that around and then settled at the basketball court. While trying to visit members in the evening we ended up at the Bucios. We just talked with them a bit and he needed some help moving stuff to throw away because they are about to move. He gave me the jaw bone to a moose or something, so now that's one of my desk decorations. When we left the Bucios a dog came out of nowhere and started chasing me. This time was really scary because it was dark outside and I had to turn down another road which meant I had to slow down for that. I escaped luckily. Then I went on an exchange with the AP’s. I was once again with Elder Schmickrath. He is the first Elder I ever went on an exchange with.

Tuesday
Super fun exchange! The AP’s area is the Memorial and Houston 8 area so they cover both Spanish and English wards. The day was really good with so much packed in. I got to drive the Toyota Sienna which is so fun! That thing has some power! At the end of the day we got Wendy s and I tried the pretzel bun baconator. Super fun exchange, I’d say it was one of my best.

Wednesday
District Council! We finally had time to do a phone audit this time so it was the first phone audit we had this transfer. For the end of the district council we didn’t know what to sing and then I remembered that I recorded myself playing "Peace in Christ" on the electric piano in the room we were in. I started it up but for some reason it was playing at 120 BPM! I didn’t know how to make it slower so we kinda just went with it and the energy kinda just bounced off the walls. After DC we were going to do a tag team lesson with the sisters and one of their friends at the church but the friend never came unfortunately. We did go back to the Bucios this evening to help moving all that stuff. It was fun. He had a giant STOP sign that he found and he said he would give it to us. So now we have a STOP sign on our wall. 

Thursday
I went on an exchange with Elder Child. This time he came to my area. We were on our way to visit our friend Michale and he saw us while he was riding his bike in the other direction. We just quickly talked to him. He wouldn't be able to meet because he had work. He currently works at the rodeo at NRG which is the biggest rodeo in Texas. We continued on and talked to a lady. She actually already has a BOM and it is on her 'to read' list. We gave her our info and said to give us a call when she starts reading it. Then once again as the Sunnyside area goes, we were chased by another dog. This was Elder Child s first time getting chased and his bike wasn’t the best for quickly accelerating but we escaped. Then I found another milk crate. They are everywhere here. And this day was the first day I was on bikes while it rained. Luckily it wasn't too bad and my rain jacket is solid.

Friday
We had a zone call and then were going to do weekly planning but just kinda relaxed. We were going to have dinner at Victoria s but planned it just a little late. We had basketball night so her son gave us a ride to that. That was basically the day.

Saturday
Really great day! We had our 2 big chunks of phone contacts because of course we want to invite everyone to church! One guy pulled up and asked if we are J-Dubs and we said na bro. Then he was all like I have been looking for you guys. He said he is ready to learn and so we got his number and will be teaching him soon. He could be super elect. The rest of the day was good. We were trying to talk about the BOM with a guy. We called our friend to share his testimony about the BOM. The guy we were talking to started to argue with our friend a bit so Elder Lund cut in to defuse the situation so we could end the call and this guy did not like that so he kicked us out. He became an immediate not interested person in our records. Then we went to the Bravos to have an FHE lesson with them. We had a bit of it all today.

Sunday
I always love Sunday but it was a little disappointing. There were A lot of our friends who confirmed that they were coming and they didn't. But it was still great! After church we went to Gerald's. It was his birthday so we had some food and helped him get his TV connected to the internet again. Then we had dinner with the Lopez family. They are from Peru! It was awesome. They had their friend there and we were able to get their info and send that referral to the Elders in Victoria! After that we went to visit one of our referrals and he is a really awesome guy. It was kinda weird. It was 7:00 at night but there was still sunlight so that was kinda nice. That was the end of the night. Oh also I found another milk crate!

It was a really good week I'd say. It randomly got cold and then started to warm up again. I hope all is well with everyone. Don't forget your divine identity as A child of God! He knows you and he loves you!

See ya later alligator! 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...