3/4/2024
Already half way through the Transfer!
Monday
ZOO
DAY!!! Yep we went to the zoo for P-Day. It was super fun. I felt like a
little kid just wanting to see all of the animals. The monkeys had to
be my favorite part. There were 3 monkeys who were super active and
swinging all around their enclosure. The sea lions were an easy second
place. They were really having fun swimming around. There was so much to
do and we couldn’t get to everything. The district started getting
tired and wanted to go get Chipotle for lunch. So unfortunately there
was so much I couldn’t do. Mom, Dad. I am sorry. I now know what it is
like to go somewhere you want to go and then have to leave early because
everyone else wants to leave. Again I am sorry about those times in the
past.
Tuesday
My
alarm for some reason got set to 6:00 AM and we didn’t think anything
of it until Elder Lunds alarm went off 30 minutes later. Not sure how it
got set to that but alright. We had a referral that we stopped by and
there were some wild beliefs they had. However they did know about the
Book of Mormon and that made it easy for us to explain and talk about
it. The rest of the day was just some standard visits and finding
people along the way. We had dinner with our Friend Kevin. He is super
funny and I enjoy every interaction with him. He just likes to joke
around and it is just too funny. He offered to take us home after and
while we were driving we stopped at WhataBurger and got the Dr Pepper
Shakes. The whole conversation while we were at the drive through bust
made my day.
Wednesday
It
was just super windy and we had to bike to the bottom of our area which
is 5 miles away and we had head wind THE WHOLE TIME!! Both ways. It was
super brutal but we pushed through. On the bright side I did find a
dollar bill on the ground so there is that. Also there was a big puddle
of water and an 18 wheeler came by and splashed Elder Lund. I was
fortunate enough to be away from the puddle. Then we saw an old piano on
the curb getting thrown out. I of course tried playing it and it hurt
me inside playing that. It was so out of tune, but it was still a fun to
play an out of tune piano.
Thursday
LEAP
YEAR!!! Could you imagine being born on leap year and only having your
birthday every 4 years. That would be crazy. I would only be turning 5
if that was the case. Anyway it was kinda a slow day. We had a super
long mission zoom. One of the trainings just went on and on and then
branched out into the media trainers domain. Then Elder Lund had a media
trainer zoom to do and then we had to do our weekly planning. Once all
this was done we had dinner with our amazing member Rosenda. She got us
SmashBurger. It was surprisingly my first time having it. Let's just say
I would definitely go there again. So this SmashBurger is south of the
Med Center just west of the area and north of the NRG Stadium. On our
way back into the area there were so many people going in for the rodeo.
It looks like something I would want to come back to for sure. Our
final thing for the night was a lesson with our member family the
Bravos. We are doing FHE with them every Thursday now.
Friday
March
first and boy did it feel nice outside. I was on exchange with Elder
Belnap. While we were riding down the Bayou there were butterflies
flying around and the flowers were blooming and I am just thinking to
myself that this is the first day of March. It was just the perfect day
to be outside. We had a lesson with one of Elder Belnaps friends. His
name is Melvin. We taught a really good Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson
and Melvin was feeling it. After all that we had 2 other lessons fall
through so we just did some finding near the church for the rest of the
evening. When we got to one house there was a lady doing some gardening.
We offered some service and were able to help out and get to know them.
They are really nice and are open for us to come back. We are really
excited to see how all of it goes.
Saturday
An
actually AMAZING day!!! We had a lesson at 10:30 and we arrived
precisely on time right after they got home. We were able to share the
Plan of Salvation and give comfort to them and set-up for us to come
back. After we came back and finished up our studies and went back out.
We had a lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and went to Gerald's.
Gerald is an awesome recent convert who we are getting ready to go to
the temple for Baptisms once it opens again on March 11th. We listened
to 2 Nephi 15 with him and talked about it. Then he showed us the things
he used for training when he did boxing. That was fun. On our way to
our next contact I spied with my little eye 5 disk golf frisbees on the
side of the sidewalk just discarded. So now I have 5 really nice
frisbees. Then we had one of the BEST Restoration lessons I have ever
had. The people we were teaching were engaged in it and asking questions
and understanding/agreeing with what we were sharing. They are elect
and Patty who we were teaching is the one in the family with a car so
that is a huge plus. After we visited an in-active member who just kinda
fell off but is super nice and wanting to get back to church. Then we
had a member meal with the Evans. They are super fun. The kids had so
much energy. Their son just got Baptized so it was really cool for us to
share scriptures and have him use his brand new scriptures to read
them. All in all it was one of my best days here!
Sunday
Fast
Sunday!!! We had one friend come to church here in MacGregor and
another go to church in Angleton because he had to work down there.
During second hour, Elder Child and I just talked to a member who came
to the wrong building because of maps but he is from Tooele and was
super fun to talk to. After all our meetings we just went out and tried
to visit members and had dinner with Lorenzo.
This
past week in Utah was RootsTech 2024! I unfortunately couldn’t go
because I was over 1,000 miles away but I was fortunate enough to watch
the Family Discovery Day video that they have on the Gospel Stream app. I
really recommend watching the video. I will leave a link to it here →
RootsTech 2024 Family Discovery Day Live Session
RootsTech
is the worlds largest Family History convention. My dad has the honor
of running the Mayflower Society table. If you get the chance to go next
year, take it! Family History is super important and is part of the
Gathering of Israel. The same gathering that I am participating in here
in Houston Texas. It is the most important work that is going on in
these latter days! It is super cool!
And now I bid unto all, farewell. I shall see you all some later time. Chow!





























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.