Monday, January 29, 2024

 1/29/2024

BAPTISM!!!!
Well here we are. The end of January. The year seems to be going by so fast. I am now on day 141 of being a missionary.
Monday
NERF WAR! We did a nerf war but this time at the mission office. It is a much older church building which gives it a different layout. It also just has a bunch of stuff to make for a fun battlefield. Luckily we were inside though because it was downpouring most of the day. Before our great nerf war we traveled closer to downtown Houston for an Elder to get some things done. Of course rain makes stuff fun for driving so there's that. In the evening we ended up getting a referral for a guy who is actually interested in Baptism!
Tuesday
Some more rain showers. We gathered as a district to do a “Goals discussion”. It was really our going away party for Sister Holliday (one of our senior missionaries). We had pizza and then did do a few bits of goal setting. After all of that we went down to Cummings to visit someone we met 2 weeks prior. He was there along with I guess his brothers and dad. They really enjoyed us coming by and sharing a message so they invited us to come by anytime. 
Wednesday
Literally felt like a bum day. I was trying to recover from a small cold. My nose was stuffy and runny and then my throat felt a little congested but it was all good in the end. Most of our morning was us studying and me resting to get better. Once we were ready to go out, we got a call and were asked to help Sister Holliday move things so we decided to do the service. Once we got to the apartment we loaded up the cars with boxes to be shipped out. We were being lead to the FedEx blindly and they kept going in circles. At one point they made a U-turn and smiled and waved at us. They had to be trolling us but nope. They were using Apple Maps. I have said it once and I shall say it again. ANDROID IS SUPERIOR! Just had to get that out. After the service they got us Raising Canes for dinner because it was already that time. We went to the youth activity which was indoor kickball but then we helped a sister with copying and organizing papers for a Family History class she was teaching on Saturday. Then we ended our night with a Pecan Grove mission correlation. Then because of the rain we were put on flood watch. 
Thursday
Well I got my studies done in the morning and then we had a Zone Training. Not to be confused with a Zone Conference. It was basically the same thing except it wasn’t as long because we had a Temple trip last week. After getting back we decided to have a bike day now that I have my bike! We went 16 miles and my legs were starting to cramp after. After about 10-15 minutes they started feeling better. That was basically the day. It also kinda felt bummy.
Friday
We went door knocking in the morning for a change. We decided to knock in a neighborhood that clearly states no soliciting at the entrance but no one cared about that so we were good. We met 2 guys. One knew us when he saw us down the street. He got us some water bottles and said he knows who we are, he appreciates what we do, but isn’t interested. That was all good. Then we met another guy who probably knows more about us. He works on organs in churches so He has been to our church and many others. At the end of our conversation he said that our church definitely is the church he would join but he and his wife just aren’t ready to make any changes. We put down his info so Elders can go back and check in a bit. We then went back for lunch and it started to sprinkle rain. Once we went back out it went to an absolute downpour. I had my rain jacket so I stayed pretty dry but Elder Eberle's jacket doesn’t have a hood so he got soaked. For dinner we met up with the Riths and they got us Slurp Ramen Factory. At this restaurant I was able to get a Ramen Burger. It was very interesting. After we went and visited the Khandanians and they made a drink that is from Lebanon. It is meant to keep you warm and it really did keep me warm.
Saturday
We spent most of our day from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm at a stake Family History fair. We helped set-up, greet people, and take it down. It was almost like Zone Conference. We then did P-Study after and then went to visit some members. They were super cool and we could’ve talked for hours but we had to get to dinner. We had dinner at the Johnsons. For dessert they had a Marty Gras cake which was more like a danish. While eating the cake you have to be careful because there is a plastic baby inside the cake. Whoever gets the plastic baby is the King of Marty Gras and has to host the party for the next year….. I got the plastic baby. I will definitely not be in this area next year so I’m not sure how that is going to work. After that we went to visit our friend Tio who is an elect man. His schedule is just not the best but he is staying in contact with us. 
Sunday
This is the day. The day I have been waiting 140 days for. I got into the water. But first, Jones Creek ward had a missionary focused sacrament meeting and our Mission President spoke. It was super cool. Unfortunately Tio wasn’t able to make it. But after church the sisters friend Donte was getting Baptized. He is the guy who came into Pecan Grove sacrament meeting and liked it. Because I went up and welcomed him to that, when he had his Bappy interview he said he wanted me to Baptize him so that is exactly what I did this day!!! I WAS SO PUMPED! Even if it wasn’t someone I taught I still Baptized someone! Super cool day, this has become a new favorite day for the mission. 
Doctrine of Christ in the New Testament is now at Hebrews chapter 10. We are on track to finish this in the next week or 2 possibly. I think I might slow down and take more time once I get to the Book of Revelation.
It is also that time for us to start TRANSFER PREDICTIONS! Yes it is a week and a half till transfers so if you know the south Houston area, make some predictions. I can’t imagine I’ll stay in this area so ya never know. Maybe I’ll go to Galveston, or go to the boonies of Victoria or Seely. Maybe I will even go into the crazy downtown of Houston. Anything is possible. I just don’t think I am going to stay here another transfer. 
Thats all Folks (Loony Toons Reference)
 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...