1/22/2028
IT IS COLD! Don't come here in January. Also don't come here in the summer. I have been told it gets too hot.
Very quickly it got down to like 22 degrees here and that is EXTREMELY cold because of the humidity. Tuesday was just brutal.
Lets begin with Monday as always.
P-DAY!
well it was very cold but still not the coldest. It was lightly raining
so that combined with the cold made instant ice. The car was frozen and
we had to sit there for a bit to warm it up to defrost the windows. It
seemed like the whole city was freaking out over the cold. Everywhere
there were signs about keeping cabinet doors open for the sinks and drip
the faucets all day and night. This is understandable especially after
the Texas freeze that happened back in 2021 I think. We almost weren’t
allowed to go out on P-Day because of the risk of the roads being frozen
over but we made it out. Everything worked out. Monday night we went to
visit our friend Tio and we had such a GOOD time with him! He is
absolutely elect!
Tuesday
This
was an absolutely BOOF day. It was below freezing at that 22 degrees so
it didn’t feel good. We would go outside for a few minutes and just
start freezing. We really weren’t able to do much as we had to keep
taking breaks to get warm in the car. But that leads us to…
WEDNESDAY TEMPLE DAY!!!!
The
mission reserved the Houston Temple for Tuesday - Friday and Wednesday
was our day. We had to get up at 5:15 so we could start getting ready to
meet at the mission office to pick-up 2 other Elders. We were the first
to the mission office but the last to leave because we had to wait for
the other Elders. It was all good though. The drive to the Temple was an
hour away which is the longest I have had to travel to get to a Temple.
I know there are probably people reading this thinking that they have
to plan full day trips to the Temple and I respect you for that. After
we were supposed to leave the Temple by 2:00 but ended up leaving around
3:00-3:30. The drive back took forever because we were then also
dealing with school traffic too. We then in the evening after dinner
visited a less active member and had a great time. However it went
really late and I ended up playing night games for an exchange. We got
to the Zone Leader apartment around 10 so that was fine I guess.
Thursday
Exchange
with the one and only ELDER BURNETT! He is really fun. He is a Spanish
Elder so I got to practice some Spanish again which is actually really
fun. At the end of this exchange I GOT MY BIKE BACK! We just got told
the code to the AP apartment and went in to take my bike back. Now it is
safe back in its home with me. I am so excited to use it for a bike
day!
Friday
We
got a lesson with someone we have really been trying to set-up with
ever since Christmas Conference. Because of the ET then we had to cancel
that lesson and haven’t been able to set up again until now. We invited
the HIbberts to go with us. Once we got there our friends friend came
over and we also taught her. It was a really good experience for
everyone.
Saturday
Well
we had a church tour with Tio and he brought his son too. It was
amazing. We brought the Robbins to be the Member participating. The tour
itself was just so good. They were asking questions and we were
answering them. At the end, Tio asked for Brother Robbins number which
was super cool.
Sunday the most busy day as a missionary!
We
had to get up and be at Pecan Grove ward council at 7:15! It is rough
but we can do it. Church itself was amazing. The focus for the lessons
today was the vision of the Tree of Life! Really cool story! If you
haven’t read it I highly recommend you do and look for the ways it can
mirror our life in this world today. For dinner we went to the Jensens
and they invited the Wiederholts too and it was just a great time. Now I
am writing this email.
That
is that and now I invite you to read the scripture. Read 8 pages a day
with me in the New Testament and be in Galations chapter 2. But also
follow along with Come Follow Me in the Book of Mormon. Also look at
some of the pictures but most of all… Have an AMAZING DAY! Don’t let
the things of the world get you down.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.