1/15/2024
Crazy stuff is happening but also nothing is happening… yet.
Monday
Well we got more rain
overnight. It mostly stopped during the day but continued in the
evening. While I was at the mission office there was a quick power trip
and then all the senior missionaries said that there was a tornado
watch.(Crazy stuff happening). Later in the evening when it was raining
it did start to clear up. (No tornado so nothing happened). For our
district P-Day activity we went to the Buddhist temple and this time I
went inside. It was very cool. IT was very quiet except the occasional
bell that rung about every 15 seconds. Super cool. There is also a
random cat that hides in the bushes and someone just comes by with some
food and feeds it. Probably going back there to get some good pictures.
Tuesday
We
found a guy using our survey method. That was the cool thing. Then I
started an exchange with me going to the Eldridge Oyster Creek area with
Elder Belnap. That is all the note worthy stuff for Tuesday.
Wednesday
Well
the Eldridge apartment is a grubby apartment but it gets the job done. I
saw about 5 cockroaches there and some were pretty big. I was very
happy to be back in my own apartment in Jones Creek that night. While on
the exchange we found a super nice lady who was very open to hearing
the message. It really helped her. After we said a prayer with her, she
started crying and it was a super heartfelt moment. spirit was strong
there. I’m not sure if those Elders have gone back yet but they probably
did.
Thursday
We
had a mission zoom that lasted over an hour that went straight into our
zone zoom. It really made it difficult to focus so that was that. That
night we had dinner with the Jensens and really talked about Grace and
how Grace is sufficient through Jesus Christ. After that we visited the
Davidsons and Bowens so it was a great night to visit members. On our
way back home Elder Eberle thought we should stop by one of our friends,
so we did. He was there so we were able to get his number so now we can
text and call to stay in touch with him. And now Elder Eberle is
getting me into the card game Magic the Gathering.
Friday
Very
Windy day. We had a zoom lesson set-up for 12 with someone. They seemed
interested with us when we were setting up this lesson. No more than
2-3 minutes into this zoom they say that they are baptist and want to
stay baptist so we ended the call. We were just thinking like why didn’t
you just tell us at the start so ya. In the evening we stopped by a
part member family house and brought a member with us. It was a very
great experience.
Saturday
HAIRCUT!!!
Yes that's right I got a haircut. It is absolutely buzzed. I asked to go to ¾ inch so that
can give an idea to how short it is. After that we did some finding and
our studies. For dinner we went to the Robbins. They are recent
missionaries of about 4 years so not too long ago. They are absolutely
goated members. We love them. After that we did some more finding and
the night was just done.
Sunday
We
kinda got someone to church. Pecan Grove sacrament meeting was about to
start and a person I didn’t know walked in. I went up and welcomed him
and he was happy to be there. After getting to know him I connected some
dots and he was someone the sister missionaries are teaching and he
came to the 9:00 ward instead of the 10:30. But he had sacrament with us
and then went to Elders Quorum and he said he liked it. From what I
have heard, this guy is so awesome. He actually recently quit smoking so
that is awesome. We did have to break the news to some members that he
was supposed to go to the Grand Mission ward and not Pecan Grove but
either way he is on the right path.
After dinner
we went back to the church and grinded out contacts because it was just
too cold. We texted about 35 people and called a few others. A few
responded so we were able to set-up a few contacts. A mini Texas freeze
is coming in for the next few days. If it rains then we are going to
stay in our apartments because it will just be ice all over the roads so
I think that would be really fun.
New
Testament Doctrine of Christ is now on Romans Chapter 2. Being able to
read the New Testament is really good. I’m just excited for when I
finish it and do Doctrine and Covenants. Keep up your studies. Do at
least a page a day and get that spiritual nourishment.
Great
week. It is now feeling way colder than I have felt before even though I
have been in the negatives back in Utah. The humidity just hits
different.
Adios


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.