Sunday, February 11, 2024

 Feb 5, 2024

February and its getting hot!??!?!
Not too crazy this week. It is now the end of the transfer so I get transfer news tomorrow night! I am getting really excited to see if I stay or if I go! Don’t forget to get your transfer predictions in. Basically I could stay here on the outskirts of Houston, go more into downtown, or go to the actual boonies of the mission.
 
Monday
So we had about 136 miles to use in 2 days so we went to the boonies of our area. It was a 30 minute drive just to get there. I had never been to Orchard before but it was really fun. Absolutely dark out there. 
Tuesday
We started an exchange. I was with Elder Stone who has only served in the city thus far in his mission. We did some door knocking with our survey method for the afternoon then when it got dark we went out to Fulshear (The mid boonies of my area). It was the first time he experienced dark fields on the mission. We walked around but there wasn’t much we could do because people just shut down when the sun goes down. There was a part of the neighborhood being built. All the road was there but not the houses. There were just a few and it was kinda spooky walking on those dark streets.
Wednesday
We exchanged back at district council. Our driver app said we had over 100 miles left to use in one day. When we recorded the miles at the end of the day it said we used 78 and were left with -3. This doesn't make any sense. Luckily we didn’t get shwacked over it. We used 78 miles by literally driving around most of the area exploring it trying to find good places to find in. There are just a lot of big houses and properties. Nothing really good for finding. We will press on!
Thursday
FEBRUARY!!!!!! but it is getting hot…. 10/10 I want my snow but ya know what, I can wait until next year for snow. Elder Eberle had a ZLC meeting so I went out on a small blitz with Elder Browne who is now home I think if not then he is going home this week and Elder Cole who I graduated with. It was fun but nothing really happened. Elder Browne is a Vietnamese missionary and they are always fun to be around. After all this we had to do a quick weekly planning which was very crunched because of time. The members that had us over for dinner started helping me create a D&D character. So if any of you like D&D, hit me up when I get back.
Friday
While doing some knocking in a neighborhood we saw a dog. It was super friendly. We were able to read its collar and bring him back to his house. The owners weren’t there, but instead about to get on a plane. We were able to call them and they were able to call the dog sitter and they came over to get the dog in. It was a fun little experience. The rest of the day nothing really happened except I found out how distracting messenger can really be. Don’t get distracted on messenger!
Saturday
We were going to meet up with one of our friends at the church but he folded so instead we helped the youth clean up a stake activity they had. In return they gave us some Chick Fil A. Elder Eberle then had to go and do a Baptismal interview for one of the other Elders friends. That was cool to be able to sit in on. When we got back we tried to visit every member dot close to our apartment. It was fun. We only had 1 of them answer the door and let us in. The others were either not home or had moved out or never lived there. The work here will move forward especially as we attempt to help get the members involved.
Sunday
WE HAD SOMEONE COME TO CHURCH!!!!!! Someone that one of my past companions met and gave a pamphlet to, came to church on their own. It was awesome! She brought her son and they both really enjoyed it! What a great final Sunday for the transfer. I am sure she could get baptized this next transfer. This evening we went and visited a member I have never met. Brother Barlow! I asked him if he had family in Utah and he said he did! All I could think of was my friend Hyrum Barlow and they are most likely related! It was SUPER cool!
Well that's the week. Thanks for tuning in. In the New Testament reading we are now in the Book of Revelation. I will take my time with this one because there is so much to unpack in it. Lets do this. 
I hope you all have had a wonderful start to the year this January. Remember your divine identity that YOU are a child off God. He loves YOU. Don’t ever let anyone take that away from you.
Peace


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...