12/25/2023
Transfer 2 Email 6
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!
I am so excited for this time of year! I have been looking forward to this day for a while! This is my first Christmas away from home! There is no snow here but the last 2 days we did get a solid rainstorm so that is always good.
There was so much that happened this week! I will try not to take up too much of your time.
Elder Nelson had his Birthday last P-day found a house in Pecan Grove that was crowned first place for the lights contest! It had a snow machine so I got to experience a very soapy snow!
On Tuesday we had Lesson Pass Offs so now I am technically graduated from training even though the end of the transfer is next week. We then did some Christmas caroling outside a members home as people drove by to look at the lights!
Wednesday we had district council and went to Trek Bike Shop after to see if the new tire was there. It was not unfortunately but they checked out the bike frame and said that it was good.
Thursday we went out to Fulshear to help a guy clean his garage. He is super nice and we were able to answer questions he had about the church. He has a whole bunch of minion Christmas decorations. That night I went on an exchange to the Memorial area.
Friday the Memorial Elders area is a bike area. I got to use the bike that was prone to having flat tires. We got 2 miles out from the apartment and the tire didn’t just go flat but it exploded! A whole chunk from the inner tube was missing while the tread remained in tact. It was very weird. From there around 10:30 AM it became a walking day. We went to a restaurant for lunch and the guy who I’m assuming is the owner gave us free food! That was really cool of him. In total that day I walked over 11 miles and I was actually getting tired.
Saturday we went to a baptism in the morning for 4 people in the Memorial ward. Baptism service are so cool. I recommend to go to one if you haven’t before. Later we went to check on a friend of ours who we gave to the H4 Elders and he was there! We had a great time visiting with him and we shared with him Helaman 5:12. He really enjoyed that. That evening it down-poured as we were going to dinner.
That leaves us with Sunday! Christmas Eve. The Pecan Grove ward joined with the Grand Mission ward so the congregation was a lot bigger. It was a great Christmas program with many musical numbers. Jones Creek was much of the same. On our way back over for Jones Creek it down-poured again. The program was great with a lot of participation.
Well that is it. The last Email of this Transfer. The next time I email it will be Transfer day. Maybe I will stay or maybe I will move somewhere else in Houston. Most likely I will stay. I do like shorter Emails but I like it even more when I put all the details I can remember for each day in so I might go back to that.
I would like to end with my thoughts on Christmas. Christmas is truly the highlight of my year. Especially while on the mission. The church starts up the Light the World campaign and it is a time of year where we can be 100% focused on Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. His Birth was the beginning of something great. It was the beginning of the salvation of our souls. Because Jesus came to earth, we can be saved through him. I love Jesus Christ!
Before the very end I have now started the Doctrine of Christ for the New Testament on my own. I started 8 pages a day last week. Now I am on Mark Chapter 6. Everyone is invited to join me so we can better our knowledge and understanding of the Doctrine of Christ in the New Testament.
Now I bid you farewell, until the next year.





















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.