Monday, January 1, 2024

 1/1/2024

Transfer 3 Email 1

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO

It is now a new year and a new Transfer! Today is actually transfers so everything that happened is last transfer but today is a new transfer so it will be labeled as such.

Lets begin

Monday

Christmas Day!

Because it was P-Day on Christmas, most if not all stores were closed. This meant we just kinda sat around bored all day.

Tuesday

Not much happened. Elder Nelson and I just did some knocking. Elder Nelson got his VISA and travel plans. He was told to be ready to leave Thursday morning.

Wednesday

Well with Elder Nelson having to leave Thursday morning he had to pack his stuff. But this would leave me without a companion so the mission presidency decided that I would be having a sleep-over with the Zone Leaders until Transfers which is Monday. This also meant I had to cancel 4 dinner plans from the 2 wards I cover, super  sad. 

Thursday

We had to get up at 4:30 in the morning (3:30 Utah time) so we could get ready and leave for the mission office by 5:00 and get there at 5:30. Once at the mission office Elder Nelson got his stuff put into the van to go to the Airport. I just sat there waiting for the Zone Leaders as they only found out that I was coming with them the night before. There wasn’t much finding time during the day but they did have many lessons scheduled. The best part is that it is a Spanish area so I didn’t understand most of the things they were saying. This was however a great learning experience. We needed an extra mattress in the apartment so we took one from the AP’s apartment and threw it over the fence because they are neighboring apartment complexes. 

Friday

We took a trip back to my apartment in Jones Creek/Pecan Grove to do a quick Transfer Tidy. Then we went to pick-up my bike. We got there and the wheel was all on so I gave it a test and the front brake didn’t feel right. It wasn’t giving as much as I’d like. I took the bike back in and they took a look at it and the Caliper was damaged from the initial crash. So now I need to go back in a week to pick it up when that is fixed.

Saturday

Elder Schmickrath drove alone?!?!?! We had lessons and had to prepare for a baptism happening in the evening. A little bit before we had to go to the church to fill the font we get a call from Elder Schmickrath and he said that he was going to have to drive alone so he would give us a call and stay on the phone until he got to the mission office. This was so bizarre. Once we got there we started prepping the baptism. There were a total of 8 people being baptized with each of them having their own baptizer. THAT IS 16 PEOPLE IN WHITE! I just watched the baptism but it was so cool to be there and witness that. This really helped us be able to reach our goal of 400 baptisms for the year. After this service we only needed 11 more. I also got my transfer news. I will be staying in Jones Creek and will be getting Elder Eberle as my new companion. They have also switched around the districts. Now we have 2 Eldridge companionships.

Sunday

LAST DAY OF THE YEAR!!! I got to go to the Spanish ward. Again I didn’t understand most of the things they were saying but it was still really cool. After a member made us all lunch and we had dinner with the Bishop of the H8 ward. For our mission zoom we had a recap video for the whole year which I only got 3 months of but now I will get my full year. We then played apartment scavenger hunt on zoom and Missionary jeopardy. Then just to keep us up until midnight, the Richards played the Best 2 Years on zoom for us to watch. I can confidently say that I stayed up till midnight as a missionary.

Now transfers are upon us.

New Testament Doctrine of Christ is now in Luke chapter 16.

Hope you all had fun reading! It may be boring but it is carefully recorded information. As my ward mission leader says, “Carefully recorded information is information readily available in times of need.” Don’t know when I will absolutely need all this information but you never know.

Happy New Year!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...