Monday, December 11, 2023

 11/27/2023

Another Week Another Email!

I am now into week 2 of my 2nd transfer.
My high this week has to be Thanksgiving. What week would it be if that wasn’t the high. We went to the Jensens for the feast. They also invited the Prices, Nunes, and Hibberts. It truly was a party at this house. We were only allowed to stay for 3 hours which to be fair is already long so it was alright. We shared a nice Thanksgiving message with them all. We shared with them Ephesians 5:20. “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ”. The main point is that Thanksgiving is a Spiritual attitude. It has more to do with our spiritual attitude than with a physical and material condition. Those with very little still have as much thanks as those with a lot. Always show thanks to God.
My low this week had to be the lack of new people. It is a struggle finding in this area but I still LOVE it. Things will always turn out fine in the end. Perhaps we are just paving the way in people's lives for future missionaries to talk to them. Staying positive and diligent is one of the most important things I can be doing out here right now.
On Doctrine of Christ we are now on page 360. This is right in the midst of the war chapters. Captain Moroni is one of the best guys ever.
Extra things that happened. 
I let a missionary in a bike area borrow my bike. Well on Saturday we get a call from them. A dually truck wasn’t looking and turned a little too sharp and destroyed the front tire of my bike. The rest of the bike is fine, it's just the tire that got damaged. Its remarkable that the tire didn’t pop or get a leak. There is going to be a picture in the google album.
While finding about a month ago we met someone in an apartment complex. When I put down their apartment number I accidentally typed 7 instead of a 1. My companion on exchanges would go and knock the wrong door until I went with him and I stood at the correct door knowing it without the number. He said that it is number 7 and I’m like it is number 1. After knocking 7 with no answer we go to 1 and she opens the door. For all the missionaries out there, make sure you put down the correct apartment/house number. It can help you stay in contact with people.
I shall end with a spiritual thought.
Romans 8:16-17
“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” 
We are children of God and all heirs to his kingdom. Never forget your divine identity. It is the most important identity you will ever have.
AMEN
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...