Monday, November 6, 2023

11/6/2023

Week 6

Fire Hydrants here are weird. I knew I wanted to make some sort of thought out of it. So here it is. We all are unique in our own ways. (Fire hydrant color). But we also have our divine identity and purpose. (Spirit children of God and our journey to be like him). Yep that's it. Fire hydrants here are different colors everywhere but they all have the same purpose and reason for being there.
Monday
Normal P-day activities like going to goodwill and playing pickle ball. Anyway for dinner we went to a Texan BBQ restaurant. Spring Creek BBQ. It was really good. The members we were with shared their stories and it shows that God really does know us and knows how to prepare us to learn of his Gospel. Good Stuff.
Tuesday
HALLOWEEN!!!
We had another lesson with our friend. He is my favorite person right now. He could be getting baptized in the next few weeks. We invited him to the H4 ward on Sunday because it is a Spanish ward so he can understand more. He really enjoyed it.
In the evening we had dinner at the Hibberts. It was really fun. They cooked the food inside of the pumpkin. It was very strange to me. But the food was amazing. As we sat down to give our message to them trick-or-treaters started knocking which made the dogs go wild but we were still able to feel the spirit. One of the other members in the ward came by and said she was going through some difficult things so we were able to give her a blessing. It was a very strong moment.
Wednesday
The Birthday Month Begins.
Everything was very generic throughout the day. We went out trying to talk to people and visit but it wasn’t too crazy. In the evening we went to the youth activity. The young men were grilling steaks. I had just eaten dinner so I was just watching and talking to people. Then they offered for me to grill one and of course I said yes. It cooked nicely and was cooked to perfection. It was so juicy too.
After it was about 20 minutes to 9 so we pulled up to an old referrals house. He was actually there and invited us in. This kind of felt like a miracle because we were trying to get a hold of him for a while at this point. We learned that he is a truck driver and that is why it was difficult to meet him. We set up to meet on Saturday and left it at that.
Thursday
This morning I was awake and then I wasn’t. I don’t know why I was so tired but I just was. We had a mission zoom and I did my best to stay awake but I was dozing off. It was OK though because I learned all the stuff my first night here. It was the stuff for driving. During our weekly planning a random person started texting me on messenger. They just asked if they could hear a scripture. I started talking and then they randomly asked if I liked Disney. I was so confused. They kept going off topic. Eventually they just stopped but it was strange. Dinner went really long so we didn’t get to do certain plans but then I went on an exchange. 
Friday
EXCHANGE!!!
This was my favorite exchange yet. I got to be with one of the Assistants to the Mission President. Elder Allan. We went out for the day and crushed it. We were able to talk to so many people and actually set up a few return appointments. I learned a lot from this exchange and it put me into a better mindset for talking to people.
Saturday
OK this is my highlight of the week other than fast and testimony meeting.
We were knocking doors in an apartment complex. We got to the third floor and knocked a door. A man opened the door and we noticed they were trying to move a couch. We introduced ourselves saying we are sharing a message about Jesus Christ and then we asked if they needed help moving that couch. 
They said that would be amazing, so we started to help them move the couch down the 3 flights of stairs. We helped them move a lot of big heavy things. While we were doing this he turned to us and said that we were like angels. They had called friends and tried to get help but no one could, and as soon as they thought they would have to do it just the 2 of them, we knocked. 
This was such a cool experience. We talked about our beliefs the whole time too. I guess he is the pastor for some congregation but he was awesome. Maybe we can stay in touch with him and something big can come about it. We can only hope and trust in the Lords timing.
This experience caused us to be about 30 minutes late to our dinner appointment but it was all worth it. The family was very understanding and it all worked out.
After dinner we went back to our trucker friend. We had a lesson about the importance of the Book of Mormon and gave him a copy. We also showed him Gospel Library so he can listen to it while he drives. He said he would do that while doing his next shipment and that he would be at church the next Sunday but not this one because of work. He is also very awesome.
Sunday
My first Fast and Testimony meeting in Texas.
This was a powerful testimony meeting and I felt the Spirit strongly. In the Jones Creek ward there was a strong emphasis on missionary work. I bore my testimony on the importance of missionary work and how it is also just as important for members to also partake in this great work. It was one of my more powerful testimonies I feel. 
I also bore my testimony in the Pecan Grove ward. It also felt very strong. I talked about being a light to others. The morning was very foggy. While doing my personal studies I would look out the window. As the sun came up the fog started to lift. We need to allow the light of Christ to shine in our lives to lift the fog that clouds our life. It was a very good Sunday.
Now it is the end of this week. The Doctrine of Christ Challenge in the Book of Mormon is now on page 192. If you are keeping up with me then I owe you a high five when I get back.
I have decided to make a google photos shared album that I can have all of my pictures for you all to easily see them. Here is the link
But I will still attach the photos of this week here in the Email. I'm also trying to keep in mind I need to get more pictures with me in it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...