11/13/2023
Email 7
Sometimes
my Emails are long (Basically every time) but that is OK. It is just
getting the history of my mission written down. I know that's what a
journal is for. This is just me paraphrasing what I write in my journal.
Monday
We
got together as a district and got Nerf guns. We set up tables in the
gym in the church and had a Nerf war. Super fun. That evening we visited
some members and I gave a blessing of comfort to one of them. It was
very special.
Tuesday
I started an exchange with Elder Shelley. That was short but it is OK.
Wednesday
The
actual day of the exchange with Elder Shelley. This exchange I left my
area. I got to experience an area that did not feel like home. It was
very different. We found a guy named Carlos and we talked to him about
an hour. I just found out today (Sunday when I’m writing this) that
Carlos is put on date for baptism! He is really cool. We also met a guy
who was in touch with the Spanish missionaries and we were able to set
them up for a lesson. Elder Shelley also had a bunch of shoes in their
apartment from previous missionaries that they didn’t want so I got a
bunch of really good shoes. That was long.
Thursday
Now
on an exchange with Elder Schmickrath. He is a Spanish missionary so
almost everyone we visited only spoke Spanish. The first family was
right after lunch so I had already eaten. We were just there for a few
minutes when they made a whole plate of food for each of us. I was not
expecting that. Later we went to a lady's house and we talked about
baptism and she wants to be baptized so that is awesome. At the member
meal this evening the chair I was sitting on decided to just break. It
was funny.
Friday
We stayed home basically all day because Elder Stober was feeling sick. This allowed me to clean things and tidy up. It was nice.
Saturday
Very
basic day until the evening. We had dinner with a member Brother Waite.
He is the organ player for Jones Creek. He is so solid and we left his
house having learned more than we thought we would. 10/10 would go back.
We also went to the Davidson's and were able to check up on them. All in
all this day I learned that if I don’t want to go inactive then I
should never miss a scripture study, prayer, and Sacrament meeting. I
also learned we need to grow through trials, not GO through trial.
Sunday
Stake
Conference! This is my first Stake Conference in Texas. I kind of
forgot that they were a thing. Carlos from earlier and Jofre showed up.
It was awesome. President Rascone (First counselor in the mission
presidency) called out Carlos in his talk which helped Carlos have a
more personal experience. It was awesome and Jofre really loves coming
to church. It is awesome. It started to rain again.
Doctrine
of Christ as of Monday November 13 you should be on page 248 in the
Book of Mormon. This is the end of the story of Alma and Amulek. Super
cool story.
We get transfer news on Tuesday. I doubt I will move but you never know where the Lord will need you.
I need to take more pictures, sorry for the lack of content in that department.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.