10/30/2023
Week 5
Fire hydrants are weird
Monday
In
the evening we met the Stake President. We just talked with him. His
wife was having some bad pain so we gave a blessing for her. It was my
first blessing out here so that was really special for me. After meeting
the Stake President we had another exchange. It was once again with the
mighty Elder Biggs.
Tuesday
Elder
Biggs and I got really distracted during our comp study. We found the
2024 Youth Theme song and were going crazy about it. (It wasn’t
officially announced until Friday). The song is called Disciple of
Christ. We were able to figure out the verse in the scriptures which was
awesome. It is 3 Nephi 5:13 “Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ,
the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his
people, that they might have everlasting life.” I really love this verse
as it is also a missionary verse. The youth of the church are ready to
be missionaries among each other and I can’t wait to see the work of the
Lord progress.
Wednesday
ZONE
CONFERENCE! It was aboout 6-7 hours but I loved it. The main topic I
noticed was Feeling the Spirit and helping our friends understand the
Spirit. There was also an emphasis on building relationships with
members. Zone Conference just has me hyped up. We also got a little rain
which is always awesome to me.
Thursday
That
rain made it humid and that of course makes it really hot. It down-poured heavily for a few minutes which I love to see. We had dinner
with a family with some really fun kids. They love the missionaries.
They all fight for our attention. Right before we left I played Peace in
Christ for them on the piano. It was really awesome. That is most
likely my favorite song to play.
Friday
Trunk or Treat #1
The
Jones Creek ward had their Trunk or Treat this night and it was so fun.
I got to be one of the judges for the chili cook-off. There was 11
different chilis that I had to taste. It was all so good. The winner
apparently had Bacon in it which made it good enough to take the crown.
There was also a costume contest among the Bishopric. Brother Barton won
with a really good Willy Wonka costume. He also played the part really
well. The last contest was who had the best decorated trunk. There was a
lot of really good ones.
During
the actual Trunk or Treat event I too went around getting candy. I have
a built in candy bag with my look. I wasn’t able to disguise my look
but I was able to disguise my voice. I became Mickey Mouse for the
night. I got candy in my bag and then offered candy to kids at the end.
It was a really fun experience.
Saturday
We
were going to help someone move in the morning. We showed up 5 minutes
late and they were already done getting stuff in the trucks. The
destination was outside the area so we had to ask other missionaries to
help on the other end. So we went to the church instead to vacuum the
chapel. It was fun. We didn’t do too much until the evening.
Trunk or Treat #2
This
one was for the Pecan Grove ward. They combined with the Grand Mission
ward so there was a lot of people I didn’t know. There was one person
who some members brought along with them. He isn’t a member but we
connected really well. He loves Mario and video games in general. We
might be able to stay connected with him and be able to teach him
hopefully. He gave me and a bunch of the kids each a Pokemon Card. He is
cool. For the actual Trunk or Treat event I again went around with my
Mickey Mouse voice and got candy. Having already gotten candy the night
before I told myself that all the candy I got, I would give out to the
kids. I was left with no candy at the end of the night. I felt really
good about it.
Sunday
My
4th Sunday here but it is a 5th Sunday. Our friend Jofre made it to
church today which is probably the highlight of my mission so far. He is
the first person I have invited to church who actually came to church.
He brought his son too. After Sacrament meeting he said he felt peace
here.
In
the Pecan Grove ward they sometimes do something called linger on. It
is just a potluck after church in the gym. That was fun and became my
lunch. This evening actually got cold. I guess there is a cold wave
coming in and the humidity doesn’t help. I need to break out my jacket
for the first time when finding. It is just so weird as we were just
having some really hot weather the day before.
Extra
This
week really has been great. Some may still be wondering why I said fire
hydrants are weird at the top. Well I will be showing why throughout
this week and explain myself next week.
On the Doctrine of Christ Challenge we are now on page 136 of the Book of Mormon. This is at the start of the Book of Enos. Congrats to all who are keeping up with 8 pages a day.
Here are the pictures for thine enjoyment.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.