6/17/2024
So sorry about not getting an email out last week. I
kinda forgot and then pday was far past so I'll quickly do a small recap
of that week.
We had an
exchange and District Council. The final ones of the transfer. It all
went Pretty well. We had some lessons with members joining us which is
always super epic. We had a church tour with a guy from Angola who can
Speak English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. He was super cool and
when we showed him the Baptismal Font he really liked it. I got to watch
the ring ceremony for my Brother and His now wife so that was the
absolute highlight of the week. We did have one friend come to church.
It was a good Last week of the transfer.
Now, this last week that we just had.
Monday
was kinda nice. We just spent time at The church and then after we went
to Brother Diferentes to help him move things. After we finished it
started pouring rain and that continued until we got home.
On
Tuesday We had a great lesson with our friend Maya. We met with her 6
days ago and gave her the Book of Mormon. She has only been reading it
for 6 days and is on 2 Nephi chapter 18! That is awesome! We had another
rainstorm throughout the day and then that evening got Transfer NEWS!
Drum roll please 🥁🥁🥁🥁 I'm going BACK to MacG! This time in the north
area above Sunnyside. Which means I am now on bikes in the Houston
Summer which will be exhausting but I remember 1 Nephi 3:7
And
it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do
the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord
giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a
way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth
them.
Wednesday, the day
before transfers we just got my stuff packed and visited a few of my
favorite members. It was just A really good final day in MP2.
On
Transfer day it surprisingly did not rain which was a first foe my
mission. Every other transfer day has always rained. It was a good day.
We got out in the evening on the bikes. It was kinda cool to be back in
an area that I'm familiar with. We ended the night with a Bible study at
the church with the other missionaries in the district.
Friday
was SUPER HOT! We set our OYM goal for the day to 45 and right at the
end of the night we hit it. We had a really effective day with all of
our planning but also getting out to do some finding and contacting. We
went to visit one guy but went to the wrong house (2 houses away) and we
talked to a guy getting out of his car. We asked if the friend we were
looking for was home and he invited us in. We started talking to a guy
from China and we talked about how we know the scriptures are true. Then
the first guy we talked to gave me a Qur'an. So now I have a copy of
that. At the end of our conversation we found out that we were not
talking to the friend that we were trying to get in contact with and
sent our Chinese friend to the Chinese Elders. It was good.
Saturday
we didn't really go up in the area but stayed on the bottom which just
feels like Sunnyside. We had 2 scheduled lessons to go through and did
some finding. While going to try to visit some members, some Black
Hebrew Israelites started to talk to us. They waved us over to talk. All
I can say is STAY AWAY FROM THEM. They just want to bash and bash. We
were only there for like 5-10 minutes and the rest of the evening we
were out of it. 10/10 don't recommend it. Luckily though that was at the
end of the night so it didn't affect any lessons that we had.
Sunday
was our Stake Conference so I was able to see some of the friends I had
taught in MP2 because I'm still in the same stake and it was at the
Bering Building (my last building). President Richards spoke for
probably his last stake conference on the mission and he gave such a
powerful testimony about missionary work and the missionaries. Later in
the day we met a guy who had been to church before and tried going to
the normal building but nobody was there because of Stake Conference. We
just happened to knock on his door during our finding time. That was a
miracle in and of itself. He is super cool and we will start teaching
him again. He has his own copy of the Book of Mormon and a Come Follow
Me book so he is reading along with that. Super cool. Then to finish off
the night we went to lorenzos and had some really good comida Mexicana.
This
week has really been amazing and full of miracles. Being on a bike in
the summer really changes things up and how you see the mission. Elder
Anderson is also super good at helping us see the Miracles during the
day as we go to sleep each night. Count your many blessings. Name them
one by one. It will surprise you what the Lord hath done.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.