Monday, May 13, 2024

 5/6/2024

Wow what a week! I think I want to go back to just doing some highlights so let's try that.

Gisel is continuing to learn a lot and show her Faith. We did a car swap with the MP1 Elders because they got a nail in their tire and they had to make it to the mission office the next day so they took our car so we could take theirs to Firestone the next day. We had a super fire lesson with our friend Chuckwuma. He listened to all of 3 Nephi 11 and just loved it. I moved my desk and basically completely reorganized our apartment. Now we have so much room. 

Now on transfer day. Well I should tell you what the transfer news is. I am staying in MP2 and I am getting Elder Stone! He is also District Leader so that is 6 transfers in a row with me as a district monkey. At transfers it was pouring rain basically all day. I heard that it was majorly flooded in some areas of Texas but I didn’t get flooded. There was a tree that fell on some of the new mission vehicles which was super unfortunate. The truck took basically all the damage and protected the other cars. By the time I left the mission office it was sunny but it didn’t last long. 

We had a referral that we were able to meet with at the church and give a church tour. They are from Angola and speak Portuguese. We happen to have 3 members who speak Portuguese so we can connect them all up. Friday evening we had a Fiesta at the church. It was put on by the Spanish congregations and the whole Stake was invited. On Sunday the rain was again absolutely pouring down! Luckily of course we were inside the church most of the time. Levis was still able to make it to church and get confirmed a member. We also had a decent turnout for our recent converts. After church I started to get a headache and started to cough. I think I’m getting a little sick so hopefully that will pass. 

This week was really fun and wild. I hope you all are doing well. I saw that it is still really cold in Utah for the low temperatures. It's starting to consistently get to the upper 80’s every day so my summer has already begun. Stay safe out there!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...