Monday, April 29, 2024

 4/29/2024

The end of another Transfer!

Here we are at the end of yet another transfer. I have now been out 5 whole transfers!
 
Monday
We went to Pappas BBQ. It was super good and I got the 2 leftover ribs to have for dinner. We talked about temples with Gisel so we can get her ready to go and do Baptisms. She said she got the chills when we started talking about our ancestors. We also went over to Levis and reviewed the Baptismal questions with him. It was a fun day.

Tuesday
We went to visit a referral we had in the morning. It was good. They put in the referral for prayer so we went and prayed with them. That was down in China Town. My area is super diverse. We visited some members and other people. In the evening I started an exchange with Elder Degraw up in the MP1 area. He is super fun. He is also going home this week.

Wednesday
So this exchange was super fun. We visited a member who had all their husband's ties. She didn’t want to hold onto them anymore so she gave them all to us. Elder Degraw is going home so he didn’t want the ties so I just got a whole bunch of ties with 2 tie hangers. We also had a member meal whose son is getting ready to serve a mission himself. It was a super fun time. I shared the Paper Atonement Lesson which Elder Degraw had never seen before. It wowed them all. Then I started another exchange with the Zone Leaders! That's right, another double exchange leaving the area. Going back to Sunnyside now able to ride a bike again.

Thursday
The exchange with the ZL was alright. Not as good as with Elder Degraw but still fun. I was able to see Angela who I confirmed in Sunnyside. We had Brother Moore come out with us. He is a super awesome member in the Sunnyside area. He drove us around a bit which was nice. The bike I was using didn’t have a very comfortable seat. It was still fun riding the bike again.

Friday
Back from my double exchange. It was so nice to be back in my apartment. We went to Firestone to get our rear right tire checked out. It just had a lower tire pressure. Also the oil had to get changed. It took at least an hour and we weren’t close enough to anywhere that it would be worth walking to so we waited there at Firestone. I went through and did some of the weekly planning things but on the TV it was playing Friends. We easily got distracted there but that's OK. That whole ordeal took a chunk out of our day. We had a lesson with Shiri. She is almost there ready for baptism. I can feel it but the time is just not right. 

Saturday
Super Solid day that we had. We planned, we comp studied, we had lessons. One of our referrals, Chuckwuma, is super awesome. He wants to come to church and is just a really nice guy. We did have some other lessons in contacts that did go through and some that didn’t. We went to a random member's house. The member is inactive but only due to health reasons. She recently had surgery and we came at a time shortly after she came home. It was really awesome to meet her. At Clercin and Clarcins we started to review the Plan of Salvation and answer other questions. It is super easy to get distracted there but we survived.

Sunday
The only person we had come to church was the only person we had to have there. Levis, because he was getting baptized right after church. With that said it was super sad we didn’t see any of our other friends or recent converts at church. But it was still good because Levis got baptized. After that baptism, a member form the Friendswood area picked us up and drove us all the way to Friendswood for the Baptism of someone that Elder West found and taught. I saw Elder Eberle there which was awesome. I want to serve in Friendswood at some point. It looks like a really nice area. Then the member drove us all the way back to our area. We had dinner with Jason and that basically ended our night. We started to knock on some doors but it started to rain and it was like 8:40 so we came back. It rained all night.

Now with Transfers coming there has to be transfer predictions. I did one transfer in my last area, (Partly because I hurt my arm in a bike area), but do you think it's possible I move again after just one transfer? There is a lot of crazy stuff going on in mission transfer news as of lately. Ya never know.

I hope you all are doing well! Enjoy the spring weather, My spring is kinda already over. It is super humid already and that just makes it super hot and muggy.

Keep going strong everyone! Hurrah for Israel!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...