Monday, April 22, 2024

 4/22/2024

Zone P-Day, Lessons, Linger Longers! 
 
Well the transfer is coming to a close. 10 more days till transfers so time has flown by here in the MP2 area.
 
Monday
Zone P-Day! It was alright. It was a lot like the first Zone P-Day I had. Half the Elders playing basketball and the other half doing who knows what. I was on the stage just playing some board games. We played “Escape the Aliens in Outer Space.” It's basically the OG Among Us. At the end we visited with Gisel to get her started on the My Covenant Path lessons. It was good. All of it to help her work towards the Temple! One of our lessons fell through so we went to contacting people for the evening. 

Tuesday
Almost everything fell through. We had 3 successful contacts all day and one of them was a member who doesn't want to be a member anymore. It was kinda rough. We had a coordination meeting with our temporary ward mission leader. 

Wednesday
District council! The Robert's joined us and they brought some cake! Afterward we taught Odette a bit about Baptism. She was Baptized before in Africa so we are going to help emphasize the Priesthood. We had to go back to the apartment for a short while because we had apartment Inspections! Brother and Sister Dorsey are super cool. They brought a gift bag for us. After we went to visit Gisel to continue talking about the My Covenant Path but she was just about to go to the park to get her kids so we walked and talked. Then we had a member meal with the Wards. Sister Ward used to live in Riverton in the Summerfield Ward after the ward boundary change back in 2019 or 2020 so I never got to know her then but I'm sure I saw her at stake youth activities. They are super awesome. It was probably one of the healthiest meals I've had this transfer. In the parking garage of their apartment there were some Ferrari, Lamborghini, an Aston Martin, and many other exotic cars. Super cool! 

Thursday
We had a mission zoom and then weekly planning. We went to the church for that so we could also use the computers to get my check in stuff done for my follow-up x-ray the next day. Then we just had a regular day after that. We did meet with the Ziegenhorns to get to know them and share an inspirational message. Their son served in the Salt Lake South Mission! However he never served in the Riverton South Stake so I never got to know him when he was there. We just went on and on about the area and the stories that he had to tell. Will for sure look forward to talking to them again. 

Friday
We got up and going early so we could be at the doctor's office by 8:00 in the morning. The X-ray shows that my arm is fully healed. It was actually a Radial Neck Fracture which is not as bad as a Radial Head Fracture. We had a lot of finding time in the day. Our friend Shirisha is doing really good. We showed the Washington D.C. Temple tour video mainly for her sister Deepthi's, however Shri really liked it too. We think she is really close to being ready for Baptism. 


Saturday
The whole day was just us trying to contact people with no success. Just a lot of door knocking too. I try to give ideas for other things we can do but Elder West says he's already tried that in the area and it didn't work so he just door knocks. 

Sunday
Church was good. We had 3 people come. Shiri, Odette, and Victor. Odette decided she wanted to go to the French branch so she could understand better, Shiri is just solid so no worries there, and Victor kinda just came so he could judge the Church. At the end of Sacrament meeting he asks me where the collection plate was and how we pay tithes. I told him how we pay tithing and he wasn't having it. He said that it must be an open offering for everyone to see! I kept trying to tell him that we don't do a collection plate because tithing is really between us and God so it is a personal matter. He then asked to speak with the Bishop. We tried to find the bishop but couldn't, then I guess Victor left. He is most definitely going to be a not interested dot. 

All in all the week was alright. Transfers is coming up next week. I do hope that I can stay in this area and get someone new. I want to break this trend I have of being the companion with the District leader. We will see what happens. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Be safe out there! 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...