Tuesday, August 13, 2024

 7/30/2024


Man I am bad at getting emails out every week consistently. Slowly but surely I will get back into that groove. 

Monday the 15th
It was really good. We went to Dave Hot Chicken for lunch which was actually really good! After we went to the Norman's and played games. They are just super cool. As soon as we started our proselytizing time Elder Anderson got another flat tire. He just can't catch a break. 

Tuesday the 16th
We had a very busy day. We went to visit Dennis but he was asleep so we talked to another person at his apartment. We had some lessons with some guys that are going through some hard times. I hope that they can find the peace that comes with Jesus Christ. After that we went to Lorenzos. 

Wednesday the 17th
We had district council and then it started raining a lot! We had a really good lesson with John though so that was great. We have a few friends that we just need to get to church. Hopefully we will be able to do that. 

Thursday the 18th
We had a zoom meeting and then went to help a member fix their fence. It fell over during the hurricane. We got there and there wasn't much we could do because he had to replace the posts and he didn't have any of the materials needed for that at the moment so we went back. We met with our friend Kaushik at Hermann Park. While we were waiting, someone came and sat with us. He was Catholic but just saw us and decided to talk with us. He was super cool. Eventually we were able to have a lesson with Kaushik. He is getting ready to go on another trip. We had a great discussion about many gospel topics. Then we had to bike all the way across our area to get to Bible Study and we somehow got there before the sisters. 

Friday the 19th
We got transfer Tidy because it is that time again. I completely changed up our study room and just made it so much more roomy. I also found many things inside the apartment to add to my collection. After all that we went up to 4th ward and did finding the rest of the day. We did meet a few really cool people up there. 

Saturday the 20th
We spent a good chuck of the day helping clear out a fallen tree from the storm. Yep there is still storm damage to deal with. We got through the whole thing. About halfway through it we chopped a log off and there was a rotted hole in the center and cockroaches just started pouring out of it. It was crazy! That took up most of the day. In the evening we had a lesson with our friend Mike at the park. The Haslers joined and they are super cool members. At the end of the lesson they invited Mike to church. Super good MPL. Final thing for the day we got our transfer news. I am staying here in MacG with Elder Anderson. This will be his last transfer so I will be finishing him off. He is also district leader so that makes 8 Transfers as district monkey! 

Sunday the 21st
Church was amazing! Mike came and really loved it. During Sunday school he just kept answering questions and participating. He was even relating it to other Book of Mormon stories he has read. After the Haslers invited us to dinner and for Mike to come too! We of course finished off the Transfer at Lorenzos. 

Transfer 8
Monday
Transfers on a Monday is really weird. I did get to go to In-N-Out which is always a win! Transfers of course takes most of the day when someone in the companionship is in leadership. Salt Lake also I guess is cutting back on costs and so they took a bunch of our cars. We now don't have a car to get back to our area or to go shopping or anything like that. Absolutely completely a 100% bike area. We had to get a ride from the zone leaders to get back to our area. We had our dinner with the Haslers to get to and they live Downtown so we had to get going fast. I just love going to downtown. Dinner and our lesson was super epic. Mike brought his girlfriend too so that was a plus. After dinner we had to fix another flat tire for Elder Anderson. Right after it someone called us over and we had an awesome conversation about church. We gave him a Book of Mormon. He lives in the Sugarland area so hopefully the missionaries there can get in contact with him. We went to take the purple train back to the apartment but accidently got on the green line. We didn't know we were on the green line until it had already split off from the purple and we were outside the mission. We just got off the train and started riding to the closest purple line stop. We were racing the train it was so fun. We got on just in time. We safely made it home after leaving the mission on the first day of the transfer. 

Tuesday
Pday because transfer day was Monday. The new missionaries were supposed to come in but all their flights got canceled so they came in later but the trainees from the Mexico MTC still came in on time. We didn't really go anywhere for Pday In the evening we did have a lesson with a member who wants to start coming back to church so that was cool. That was Pday. Not much going to be happening without our car. 

Wednesday
We had District council and 2 Spanish Hermanas joined us because of the late trainees arriving. We stuck around for a bit afterward because Elder Cook was having his final My Plan. We rode our bikes over to the Med Center to checkup on a recent convert who got into a motorbike accident. He was just going into a CT scan when we got there and they said that it will be about 15 minutes but of course it took about 30 minutes. We had to get going by the time he came back but we saw the senior missionaries going in as we were leaving so that was good. Then we went back up to 4th ward for a lesson and then traveled all the way down to Dennis and spent some time with him. He gave Elder Anderson and I each a framed picture of the 3 of us so now I have this awesome picture on my desk. That was basically the day. A lot of travel time. 

Thursday
Mission zoom, weekly Planning, and a lot of rain. One lesson with a member just turned into him ranting about the thing going on in his life but hopefully we could be of some help to him to see the hand of God in his life. We went up to Bible study and the new missionaries were there. In our district we have 2 new missionaries. Elder Sorenson and Sister Porter. Elder Child my MTC comp is also training so I think my time is soon to come when I train and I won't be district monkey anymore. 

Friday
Just finding all day. We had a spontaneous lesson at the end and they offered food. So we got dinner. However they could be trying to bash so we are taking this very cautiously. 

Saturday
On exchange down in Sunnyside. I got to back to the good old streets of Sunnyside. But before that we had a Stake missionary breakfast. Elder Child drove all the way from his area to pick us up. They are using so many miles because of this. We just had a few visits to make in Sunnyside. On the way back a glass shard went into Elder Sorensens tire and caused a leak. None of us had a patch kit or spare tire so I just pumped up the tire and we rode, it went flat and then I pumped it up again. We repeated that until we got back to the apartment at about 9:20 pm. Such a fun day. 

Sunday
Biking to church. It was kinda fun having 5 Elders biking together to church. We unfortunately didn't have any friends show up. There was just so much going on in the day. We didn't get out until about 5. We went to have 2 lessons but one canceled and the other rescheduled for tomorrow. We ended up helping a family move stuff into an apartment. They had seen missionaries before over in Katy and we just added onto their good experience with the Church. He said that he was given a Book of Mormon so I just hope that he might go back to it and read some more. Wasn't all bad this day. 

Wow I need to remember to write the email each week so I don't have to type up 2 weeks worth. I hope you are all doing well! I am coming up to 11 months soon. That's crazy! It's kinda weird that this time last year I was spotlighting Newsies and Hale Center and now I am out here in Houston doing the work of the Lord! For those of my friends who just graduated this last summer or will be graduating next year, if you are debating going on a mission, I plead to you that you do. This is the greatest work anywhere in the world and we are in the last days. We are just fulfilling prophecy that the Gospel will go to all the world. I love you all! Have a great week!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 11/4/2024 This week has been great! The past 2 weeks have been really awesome here in the League City area!  The week has been great with ...