4/1/2024
This week has had a lot of stuff going on. You will have to read to find out. #sorrynotsorry
NOW ON WITH THE STORY
Monday
This
was actually one of the most fun P-Days I’ve had. now I’ve had a lot of
really good ones but this one just took it back to the basics. I got to
go to Walmart again! Don’t get me wrong, H-E-B is awesome but I really
missed having a Walmart Super-center. Once we met up with the district we
were set. There is only one other companionship in the district! Yep,
its just Me, Elder West, DeGraw, and Ashcraft. However we added 2 to our district for the day by spending time with our AMAZING Senior
Missionaries the Roberts! Like I said earlier we went back to the
basics, we played card games! It was super fun. Then we went to this
really good burger restaurant called Pappas Burger. All the free
advertising they will get is that it was really really good and I highly
recommend it. While we were eating it down-poured for about 20 minutes
but then it was fairly clear the rest of the day. Then we went back to
the Roberts place and played more card games. Trust me when I say this,
the basics are the greatest! We finished up P-Day time at the church
talking to family. Then we went and visited our friend Gisel. She was
one of the Sisters friends but they left the area so now we are teaching
Gisel. She is very open to the Gospel and we put her on date for
Baptism! After having an amazing time there we went to another friend
who just likes to have discussions with us and I guess will buy
groceries for us so there is a plus there too. The people in this area
are really cool.
Tuesday
Super
good day. It was the first zone call of the transfer so that was fun.
We have so many people we are currently teaching. One friend we were
waiting for about 30 minutes for him to get there. While we were going
through the Gospel of Jesus Christ he was going with it. He agreed that
we need to be Baptized but then said he didn’t want to be Baptized
because he was not ready at that time. He kinda confessed a lot of
stuff. We assured him that he doesn’t have to get Baptized right now but
he can when he is ready. We left him with 2 Nephi 31. Then we visited
another friend. He and his family are from Africa and speak a language
called Kinyarwanda. Google translate has been really useful. Our friend
also speaks a bit of English so he is our translator as well. He took us
to some other people in a different complex who also speak Kinyarwanda.
He just gave us a few more people to try teaching. We spent like 2
hours there it was crazy. We ended our night by visiting a member from
the French Branch. It was super fun and the energy there was crazy.
Another really packed day.
Wednesday
I
started off the day super tired. I woke up a few times during the night
so it was just a difficult morning. We had a lesson at 9 so we didn’t
have as much time to get ready for the day. The lesson went through but
the guy said he didn’t want to waste our time. He was super nice and
chill but we just gave him the YSA info in case he got interested again.
Then we had our first District Council of the transfer with our 4
person district. I went from having a 12 person district to 4. wow
However
it was actually really fun just having 2 companionships. After the
council we didn’t have anything really set-up so it just became finding
time and knocking doors which kinda sucks. Our lesson with Gisel went
really good. We taught about the commandments and got her a baptismal
calendar. Then we picked up the Spanish Elders who are now also covering
MP2 and we went to the ward mission leaders apartment to have pizza and
our correlation meeting. That was fun and it was also the last because
they were getting ready to move. That's 2 areas in a row where I get
there and the ward mission leader is getting ready to move. Anyway we
stayed as a quad together for the evening and just went through a
complex OYMing people on our way until 9. At the end of the day looking
back it wasn’t all bad.
Thursday
Much
shorter day. We did all our studies and planning then hopped onto a
mission zoom. Then we did a little cleaning before having to go to our
interviews with President Richards. It was at the Beachnut Building
which is a super old church building. Then we had a really fun little
Easter lesson with a recent convert. We had a few other lessons then
came back to the apartment because I was going on an exchange with the
Zone Leaders. And guess where their area is now! SunnySide! My last
area!
Friday
Well
it was just a typical day in SunnySide except this time I was there
with Elder Short. Now don’t let his name deceive you. He is actually
tall. We just tried to visit a bunch of people and then we did actual
knocking on house doors…. in SunnySide…. It was kinda a shock but that's
all good. The only people we were able to visit that I knew was the
Bravo family. It was kinda a boring day but it was all good. Maybe soon I
will go on an exchange with Elder DeGraw or Ashcraft.
Saturday
Ooooohhhh
YES! Saturday was REALLY Good! We started off by getting the Spanish
missionaries again and we went to help the ward mission leader move. It
took a bit but it was really fun. He gave each of us $20 and then said
we could take the 18 pack of Kraft Mac n Cheese. I don’t think I’ll need
to go shopping on P-Day. Then we helped another member move. They just
moved apartment complexes within the ward boundary so we weren’t saying
bye or anything like that. At the end they got us pizza so boom, the $20
I got was no longer being used for lunch. After both of these services
we went to get ready for the Baptism of our friend Clercin! Yep there is
another Baptism in which I did nothing for so I won’t be counting this
one as one of mine. I was only there for his Baptismal interview. After
the Baptism Elder West and I celebrated at a burger place called Becks
Prime. Again here is some free advertisement. It was a really good
burger that could be counted as fast food because this place had a drive
through. Be careful McDanolds, Becks Prime is coming to take your
throne. Then we met with the Kinyarwanda families again. This time we
just kinda started teaching them some words in English and just tried to
communicate more. It was super fun but we spent so much time there. We
eventually ended the night at a members house and got some more dinner.
It was a super successful Saturday.
Sunday
EASTER
SUNDAY! You already know that it will be good no matter what. Even if
we didn’t have as many friends there because they either were sick or
slept in, it was still a really good Sunday. We just did some finding
after church and helped one of our friends out. We met a lady who speaks
French so we sent her info to the French Sisters who have been
struggling to find people. They went by probably 30 minutes to an hour
later and this lady was super interested and also wanting to learn
English. It was a miracle and an answer to their prayers.
Super
great week and we were able to end it on a miracle, how amazing is
that? I hope you are doing great wherever you are whether you are in
another country or just another state, or maybe you are chilling at
home, I hope you are doing Fantastic. Keep it going. Oh also I hit 200
Days since I started my home MTC. Time is flying.
Chow




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.